Friday, April 11, 2008

Middle-Aged Men Facing Difficult Fashion Crossroad.....

Casa Grande, AZ-When 53-year old stockbroker Eric Milloy looks into the mirror these days, he worries about the same things that most middle-aged men do, like his career, his health, and his family. But, like a growing number of men over the age of forty, Milloy faces the daily fashion dilemma of whether or not to pop his collar, and teeters precariously on the edge of a new look and perhaps a new outlook, on life.

The act of upturning the collar of tennis shirts, first initiated in the late 1920's as a means of protecting one's neck from the heat of the sun during athletic activity, has over the years come and gone as a non-sport related fashion trend. Recently it has experienced a spike in popularity, particularly amongst douchebags and other related taxonomic classifications of humans. But the typical collar popper has, until now, been considerably younger than Milloy and experts are baffled.

"I think about popping my collar every single day," Milloy explained. "So far I haven't done it, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to soon. I already have a sense of smug self-satisfaction and the firm belief that I am better than other people, so naturally the collar is going to come up eventually."

No comments: